Friday, August 19, 2011

My Summer Playlist!

Hey guys! So, this summer, I've gotten into a lot of new music, or honestly, new to me. I went through this whole classic rock stage, where I was in LOVE with Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, and The Doors. That stage hasn't entirely passed, but I've started to come into the 90's and more 'chill' music, as well as dubstep. Now, rather than listening to The Doors on a loop, I'll listen to a few favorites, and then listen to other bands on a loop. So, without further ado, this is what I've been loving for summer:

In no particular order,
1. Mine Again- Black Lab. I love this song. This band is just amazing in general. They're like a 90's coldplay, but with a little more passion. I also am in love with Remember, Say Goodbye, and Lonely Boy. It's just great music to just sit and listen to when you have nothing else to do. Very stimulating... :)
2. Aberdeen- Cage The Elephant. This band is kind of interesting. The lead singer has an interesting voice, that honestly gets on my nerves in certain songs. This particular song is great because he's basically shouting, and not really singing. This one is a little more heavy that stuff I usually listen to, but not where near *actual* heavy stuff... ;)
3. MMMBop- Hanson. If you were born in the late 80's or early 90's I'm pretty sure you know these little guys (not so little anymore.....). It's just classic 90's music honestly. Just some little boys whining into a microphone....lol. I just enjoy the sound, and the vibe it gives off, because in all honesty, I can understand a word these kids say. Great song right here.
4. Anything Mat Kearney. I love you Mat Kearney. Seriously. I want to marry you. Guys, his voice is heaven.  I don't even know how to describe him. My all time favorite song is Undeniable, and my 2nd is probably Closer To Love. In one of his songs, he breaks out into a soft rap, and I swear to you. It's beautiful. I highly recommend him!
5. Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO. I don't even know why I like this song. I usually hate stuff like this, but the repetitiveness of this just sounds nice to me. It's very alive... That might be what I see in it. I don't know.... hehe :)
6. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight- The Postal Service. The lead singer of this band is the same guy that sings for Death Cab For Cutie, if I'm not mistaken. I like his voice, it's kind of unique. This song has some sort of electric-folk thing going on, and I like it. It's not high energy like a lot of songs with 'electronic fancy stuff' added in, It's very relaxing.
7. Jitterbug- WHAM! I love this song. SO. MUCH. I know, like, ALL the words. I could listen to this all day. Seriously. And George Michael is pretty. Just saying.
8. Basshead- Bassnectar. This is a dubstep song that I like. It's got a lot of bass, which is what I like. I really prefer it that way, rather than a lot of 'random audio clips' thrown in, I prefer a nice bass beat.
9. Mumford and Sons. If you haven't heard the pure joy that is Mumford and Sons, I pity you. They're amazing. Try out After the Storm, I Gave You All, or Thistles and Weeds. Those are probably my 3 favorites.

I may do a part 2 later. I'm not sure... lol. Let me know if you like these, okay? I can do one every few months, if you guys would like. You know, just to see what I'm listening to!

If there is anything on here you already love, or just found, and love, let me know! I'd love to know what you guys are liking!

<3Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment